LEGISLATION / LIFT CERTIFICATION
The control and certification of lifts, by an Independent and Notified Certification Body, have been established for decades in developed European countries and since 2000 in Greece.
The lift inspection is not just a formal legal obligation but a thorough examination audit of the functionality and effectiveness of all safety components for the user’s and technical personnels’ protection and should not be confused with regular maintenance.
The inspection and certification of the lift by the Inspection Body ensures the required level of safety and reduces the risk of accidents.
During inspection and certification process, all critical safety systems of your lift are checked and any deficiency and deviation from regulations are confirmed to be restored.
According to the Ministerial Decision (published FEK 2604/B/2008), the periodical inspection at prescribed time intervals, are determined by the use of the lift and the number of floors, as follow:
- Elevators up to 6 floors, in residential building, periodical inspection every 6 years.
- Elevators with more than 6 floors, in residential building, periodical inspection every 5 years.
- Elevators up to 6 floors, in commercial buildings, periodical inspection every 4 years.
- Elevators with more than 6 floors in commercial building, periodical inspection every 3 years.
- Elevators of hotel units up to 200 beds, periodical inspection every 3 years.
- Elevators of hotel units with over 200 beds, periodical inspection each year.
- Elevators in public buildings, hospitals, airports, metro, theaters, cinemas, parking buildings, periodical inspection every year.
Please be advised that the penalties for the Ministerial Decision (Article 13) offenders are high and even the shutdown of the lift is foreseen (Article 12).
Our company assumes the certification of new lifts, also the renewal of your certificate, in cooperation with leading Independent Certification Bodies.
Our company undertakes the process of certifying your new (new certificate issuance) or your existing lift (certificate renewal) in cooperation with Notified Independent Certification Bodies.